This package provides frequentist and Bayesian statistical tools to build predictive models useful for the breeders, quantitative genetists and forest genetic resources analysts communities. It aims to assess the genetic value of individuals under a number of situations, including spatial autocorrelation, genetic/environment interaction and competition. It is under active development as part of the Trees4Future and ProCoGen projects, particularly developed having forest genetic trials in mind. But can be used for animals or other situations as well.
This will install the latest stable version of breedR. For the latest development version, please refer to the development site
- Install and get started with R
- Set up breedR repository. This is only needed once.
- Install as a regular package. You can use package-management menus on RGui, Rstudio or whatever, or in plain R:
Training workshop materials
- Poland Local Training Workshop (December 2015, Warsaw)
- International Official Training Workshop (June 2015, Jaca, Spain)
- breedR Overview (Trees4Future 04-2016, Brussels)
- Spatial and Competition effects in tree breeding (IUFRO 05-2016, Arcachon)
- If you use this package please cite it